Our whole family loves Pizza, but it’s got to be homemade. There is nothing like a homemade Pizza if you prepare your dough in advance it becomes a fast and delicious easy meal at any time day or night. If you don’t prepare your dough then it only adds a few minutes to your efforts or you can make it a family affair to knead the dough.
On the subject of dough, you can buy ready-made or make your own, I have no thoughts, either way, just depends on how I feel at the time.
There are numerous toppings that you can have depending on your families likes and dislikes or what your taste buds desire at the time.
I have hundreds if not thousands of recipes, but here is one that is simple and straightforward to make.
Homemade Pizza Typical Recipe
This recipe makes two 10-inch pizzas, why make one when you can have two?
1 pound pizza dough, 1/2 cup sauce: tomato sauce or white sauce, at least 2 cups of toppings, mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, sausage (pre-cooked), bacon (pre-cooked), diced peppers, or any other favorite toppings.
1 to 2 cups (8 to 16 ounces) cheese, shredded or sliced: mozzarella, Monterey Jack, provolone, or any other cheese whichever is your favorite.
Some cornmeal or flour.
- Heat the oven to 550°F or higher: Don’t be afraid to really crank the heat up to its highest setting. The high heat will help make a crunchier and more flavorful crust. Let the oven heat for at least twenty to thirty minutes before baking your pizzas. If you have a baking stone, place it in the lower-middle of your oven.
- Divide the dough in half: One pound of dough makes two 10-inch pizzas. Slice the dough in half and cover one of the halves with an upside-down bowl or a clean kitchen towel while you prepare the first pizza.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal or flour on your surface then roll out the dough one piece at a time, forming it into a round disc, use your hands or a rolling pin until it is around a 1/4 inch thick or so. If the dough shrinks back, let it rest for around 5 minutes and then continue.
- Top the pizza base with a few tablespoons of your sauce into the center of the pizza, using the back of the spoon to spread it out to the edges. Pile on all of your toppings.
- To bake the pizza; slide your pizza onto the baking stone or a baking tray. Cook for 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza. Bake for up to another 5 minutes, until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese has melted.
- Let the pizza cool down on a cooling rack, just until you’re able to handle it. Slice it into pieces and serve.
Click here for another fantastic homemade pizza recipe.